Beginning with Christ
An attractive, intelligent, and biblical tool for beginning discipleship. It is one of the Growing in Christ: Follow-Up Series created by The Navigators and printed by NavPress.
It contains a brief introduction to the spiritual life, an explanation of five Assurances one receives when accepting Christ and five verses in NIV and KJV printed on perforated card-stock for an individual to memorize, tear out and carry with them. It focuses on five of the most important Assurances. They include:
- Assurance of Salvation: “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John 5:11-12
- Assurance of Answered Prayer: “Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” John 16:24
- Assurance of Victory: “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Assurance of Forgivess: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
- Assurance of Guidance: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
The booklet closes with a brief explanation and encouraging comment about Scripture memory and the New Believer’s spiritual walk.
Suggestions for Use:
Recruit a maturing believer in your ministry to learn more about follow up as you meet together. As he/she grows in their faith trusting God for bigger and bigger things in their lives they might be recruited to head up the follow up ministry from your Road Swaps Decision Cards. Suggest he and the new believer (we suggest women meet with women and men meet with men) to “walk through” a verse on Assurance each week; spend some time in prayer, get to know each other and encourage them to attend your church/ministry when possible. Imagine a ministry full of individuals who not only know God’s promised assurances but can quote the verse and expound on it in their everyday lives.
Born to Reproduce
Created by The Navigators and printed by NavPress. Originally a 47-minute message given to the staff of Back to the Bible in 1955. A message that burned deeply in Dawson Trotman’s soul, it was later transcribed and published as a booklet that has been ready by thousands over the past 50 years. This booklet reintroduces the message to a new generation.
Suggestions for Use:
Find a man who longs to walk more faithfully with the Lord and who desires to trust God for great things in his life, his family, career and personal ministry. This small tract, originally a speech by the founder of Navigators, will help begin the process of providing a vision for multiplying his life with another, perhaps someone who can come to Christ through your online Road Swaps ministry. WARNING: Once a young man, or woman, has a vision for how Christ did ministry and expects his disciples then and now to do the same it may be difficult to hold them back. (See Timothy 2:2 for Paul’s emphasis).